Here are some statistics for you to acknowledge before you continue asking yourself this question.
• By 2050 nearly 10-billion people will live on earth. The urgent need for a shift in community developments is real. Water, healthy food sources and scarce arable land are already some of the pressing global issues that our society is currently facing.
• 42% of the world land is being used for farmland ( that ‘s the size of South America and Africa together). Farming is the most powerful driver of deforestation and loss of biodiversity, as well as the major consumer ( with over 70%) of global water resources.
• Although 33% of worldwide food produced goes to waste, 1 in 7 people still suffer from hunger.
• On average, 33% of our income is spent on household consumption: rent, energy, heating, water, food.
• These same needs make up 66% of our environmental impact.